While our goal is to ensure all winners are selected by Contest Holders, there can be situations when a contest holder does not select a winner. We follow up with the contest holder multiple times after their contest has closed, reminding them to select a winner. If a contest has been closed for 30 days, and a winner has still not been selected by the contest holder, Squadhelp selects the winner based upon following process:
FOR NAMING CONTESTS
If the Contest has received 1 or more “Love it” or “Like It” ratings from Contest Holder:
- Squadhelp will automatically pick a winner from the top rated submissions.
- If there is only one “Love it” rating, that creative will automatically be awarded the full contest prize
- If there are more than one creatives with “Love It” ratings, Squadhelp algorithm will pick up to 4 winners (in case of contests with $200 or higher award), or upto 2 winners (in case of contests with less than $200 award), and split the award equally among those winners
- If there are no “Love it” ratings, the same process will apply to the creatives with “Like It” ratings.
If the Contest has not received any “Love it” or “Like It” ratings from Contest Holder:
- Squadhelp algorithm will pick up to 4 winners (in case of contests with $200 or higher award), or upto 2 winners (in case of contests with less than $200 award), and split the award equally among those winners.
- These winners will be selected randomly by the algorithm, from the entire pool of creatives who participated in the contest.
a) We do not disclose the name of winning entry in case of abandoned contests. We only disclose the names of winner (creative’s screen name).
b) If your account has received a warning about SH messaging policy violation, these violations will be factored into determining winners for Abandoned contests. Our random winner algorithm will automatically lower the probability for those creatives who have violated SH messaging policy within the last 60 days.
c) Our goal is to ensure a winner is selected by contest holder in as many cases as possible. Therefore, even though our policy is to award the abandoned contests after 30 days, we sometimes defer the winner selection if there is an active communication with the CH. We also hold off on winner selection if there is an issue with the contest which needs to be resolved with the CH. If you see a contest that is late to be awarded, rest assured that we are actively working on resolving the issue to achieve the most fair outcome for the contest.
d) If a contest is cancelled, no winner will be selected. Non Guaranteed contests can be cancelled at the request of contest holder, while Guaranteed contests can only be cancelled due to certain payment exceptions.
Here are some examples to illustrate how this process works:
Example 1: A contest (with $200 award) received total of 600 entries. 8 entries received “Love It” ratings, 14 received “Like It” ratings.
In this case, 4 winners will be selected randomly from the list of 8 entries that received “Love it” ratings and each winner will receive $50 award.
Example 2: A contest (with $100 award) received total of 600 entries. 0 entries received “Love It” ratings, 5 received “Like It” ratings.
In this case, 2 winners will be selected randomly from the list of 5 entries that received “Like it” ratings and each winner will receive $50 award.
Example 3: A contest received total of 600 entries. None of the entries received Love it rating, one received Like It rating.
In this case the one “Like It” rated entry will automatically win the prize amount.
Example 4: A contest (with $200 awards) received total of 600 entries. None of the entries received Love it rating or Like It rating.
In this case 4 winners will be randomly selected from the contest and they will all receive $50 award.
Example 5: A domain was reported as registered from the contest and we were able to find a direct match between the domain “Who is” information and the CH.
If the creative has not yet been compensated for this name, we will select this entry as the winner.
FOR LOGO & DESIGN CONTESTS
In case of Logo & Design contests which are not awarded by the Contest Holders within 30 days, the winner is selected by Squadhelp team based upon the quality of the design.
The decision of Squadhelp team in this matter is final and can not be challenged.